Out of Hours - NHS 111
When the surgery is closed please call 01536 513494. You will either be given the telephone number of the GP covering emergencies or you will be asked to hang up and dial 111.
You should call 111:
- If you think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service.
- If you don’t know who to call for medical help
- If you need information about a health issue
What happens when I call 111?
When you call 111, you will speak to an adviser from the NHS 111 team. The team has trained advisers and nurses who can help you. They will ask you questions to find out what help you need. The 111 adviser will be able to:
- Decide what medical help you need.
- Tell you where you need to go to get this medical help.
- Transfer your call to the service you need, or book an appointment for you, if possible.
The 111 adviser can put you in touch with services such as:
- The A&E department t the hospital
This is where you go to if you need urgent and emergency medical care.
- The out-of-hours doctor - this service is run by Northamptonshire Out of Hours.
- This is where you can go to get medical help that is not an emergency when your own doctor’s surgery is closed.
- A walk-in centre or a minor injuries unit
This is where you can get medical help without an appointment.
- A community nurse
This is a local nurse who can visit you and give you care.
- An emergency dentist
This is where you can get help when your dentist’s surgery is closed.
- A late opening chemist.
This is where you can buy medicine when your usual chemist is closed.
If the NHS 111 team think you need emergency medical help, they will send an ambulance to you.
For more information visit www.nhs.uk/111
Further leaflets about this service are available at the surgery. Please ask at reception.